Know About Your Trainer
Our trainer is a highly experiencedHis Industry Experience is more than 36 years which involved more than 26 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry in international leading companies (Shell, BP and Total joint venture companies) including more than 22 years in Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.He led several Teams such as Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Teams (thrice),
Asset Management Team, Asset Management System Project Team, and Reliability and Data Management Team.
He planned more than 40 major Shutdowns / Turnarounds and several major overhauls.
Who Should Attend This Training
This course is intended for personnel involved with maintenance and reliability of assets including:
- Maintenance: Engineers, Planners, Supervisors, Section Leaders, Team Leaders, and Managers
- Reliability: Engineers, Section Leaders, Team Leaders, and Managers
- Operations and design staff who interact with maintenance
- Personnel who are preparing to implement RCM and those who are considering its use.
- This course is also suitable for project managers, project engineers, operations managers, shift managers, operations supervisors and people who are in training for these positions.
- This course is also designed for contractors who want to contribute to the reliability performance of client assets.
What You Will Learn
RELIABILITY AND MAINTENANCE JOURNEY TOWARDS EXCELLENCE
- The big picture
- What’s Reliability?
- What’s Maintenance?
- What’s the relation between Maintenance and Reliability
- What’s the relation between Maintenance, Reliability and Asset Management?
- What’s a reliable plant?
- The benefits of implementing a reliability improvement program
- How does a reliable plant maximize the value of its asset?
- When should reliability and maintenance improvement start?
- Understanding how Maintenance main maintenance strategies evolved and led to Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Reactive Maintenance
- Run to Failure Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance
- Condition Based Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- EXAMPLES OF RELIABILITY IMPROVEMENT TOOLS:
- Criticality Analysis
- What is Criticality Analysis?
- Why do we need Criticality Analysis?
- Criticality Assessment Benefits
- How to Start?
- Asset Criticality Ranking (ACR) Methodology
- Reliability Centered Maintenance RCM
- RCM Definition
- RCM History and Standard
- RCM Principles
- RCM Process: The seven questions
- Failure Mode definition and examples
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- FMEA Process
- FMEA Worksheet
- Summary of RCM Process
- RCM: Advantages and Disadvantages
- The Scoreboard for Maintenance Excellence for RCM
- PM Optimization, what is it and how to be implemented?
- Root Cause Analysis
- What is Root Cause Analysis?
- Why do we need Root Cause Analysis?
- RCA process
- Key RCA tools and their application
RELIABILITY AND MAINTENANCE JOURNEY TOWARDS EXCELLENCE
- Defect Elimination
- What is Defect Elimination? Why do we need it?
- Steps to Defect Elimination
- Precision Maintenance
- Precession Maintenance Definition
- The world of zero failure!
- Precession Maintenance Fourteen Rules
- Precision Maintenance Delivers Big Savings
- Precision Brings Reliability to Assets
- Typical Standards for a Precision Maintenance Program
MAIN ELEMENTS OF RELIABILITY ENGINEERING FOR MAINTENANCE
- Reliability vs Maintenance Engineering
- Reliability Tools
- Reliability Engineering
- Objectives of Reliability Engineering
- Reliability Engineering Department Responsibilities
- Effective Reliability Engineering
- Reliability Analysis
- Basic Measures of Reliability
- Failure Rate
- MTBF and MTTF
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
- Cost of Unreliability
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Reliability Prediction
- Sources of Reliability Data
- Reliability Modeling
- Example: Reliability Block Diagram (RBD)
MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATION OBJECTIVES AND CHALLENGES
- Maintenance Organization
- Maintenance Objectives
- Maintenance Cost
- Asset Lifecycle Cost
- When Operating Costs are Committed
- Maintenance Budget: Identifying the Main types of Maintenance Cost
- Maintenance KPI: Maintenance proportion of the unit cost
- Direct and Indirect Maintenance Cost
- Case Study: Repair Time & Cost of a Centrifugal Pump Failure
MAINTENANCE PLANNING AND SCHEDULING IS THE KEY TO MAINTENANCE EXCELLENCE AND COST OPTIMIZATION
- Planning Definition
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling is the Key to Maintenance Excellence
- Difference between Planning and Scheduling
- Scheduling Definition
- What is scheduling about?
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Function
- Main Objectives of Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Why Maintenance Planning?
- Planning and Scheduling Efficiency
- “World class” Wrench Time and Wrench Time Calculator
- Planning, Scheduling & Coordination Benefits
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Process
- The Six Maintenance Planning Principles
- Role of the Maintenance Planner
- Maintenance Scheduling Principles
- Scheduling Process
- Role of the Maintenance Scheduler
- Necessary Elements for Planning & Scheduling
- Planning System Necessities
- Planning is a Process and Needs Control
- 5 Ways to Measure Your Planning and Scheduling Maturity Matrix
- The Scoreboard for Maintenance Excellence for Shop-level Reliable Planning, Estimating and Scheduling
COMPUTERIZED MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMMS) AS A MAIN TOOL FOR MAINTENANCE PLANNING AND SCHEDULING AND WORK MANAGEMENT
- What’s CMMS?
- CMMS Objectives and benefits
- CMMS main modules and functions
- CMMS Failure Codes and their Importance for Failure Analysis
- Work Management
- Backlog Management
- Standardized Maintenance Work Management Process
- Step-1 Work Identification and prioritization
- Step-2 Work Planning
- Step-3 Work Scheduling
- Step-4 Work Execution
- Step-5 Completing the Work
- Step-6 Review and Improve
SPARE PARTS MANAGEMENT
- Spare Parts Management and Optimization
- MRO Spares Management
- Planning, Scheduling and Materials Management
- Spare parts procurement process
- Basics of inventory management
MANAGE USING KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’S) AND BENCHMARKING
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KPIs definition and Objectives
- Leading and Lagging KPIs
- Types of Planning and Maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Examples of Important Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Benchmarking against the Industry Best Practices
- What is Benchmarking?
- What are the objectives of Benchmarking?
- Examples of world-class benchmarks
- Benchmarking against the Industry Best